Disabled Sports USA (DSUSA) provides opportunities for individuals with disabilities to develop independence, confidence and fitness through community sports, recreation and educational programs.
Boston Strong Adaptive Sports is a program of Disabled Sports USA that offers Boston Marathon survivors with permanent physical disabilities access to grants or events:
- Access to year round adaptive sports opportunities in over 40 sports available through DSUSA’s nationwide chapter network. Click here to view the events calendar.
- Ready to participate in DSUSA event? Simply email email@example.com to register your interest for a specific DSUSA chapter event or program. DSUSA will take care of the rest. You do not need to fill out a grant application form for chapter events or programs.
- Grants to assist with participation and expenses associated with individual sport goal. Application details and process are highlighted below.
- Applicants will be notified if their grant is approved within 10 business days of the application submission.
- Funds are only distributed once valid receipts and reports have been received by DSUSA.
- Boston Marathon survivor with permanent disability (i.e. spinal cord injury, amputation, vision impairment, traumatic brain injury, nerve/muscle damage that permanently impedes function)
- Must participate in qualified sporting activity (see application for specific list)
Sample Grant Expenses Covered:
- Event fees
- Event transportation and lodging
- Coaching or instruction fees
- Membership fees (i.e. gym, yoga, dance, etc.)
- Sports equipment
Reporting Grant Requirements:
The following is to be submitted no later than two weeks post-activity or by September 30 (whichever is soonest)
- Brief summary of program outcomes (one paragraph)
- Photo of participation in activity (preferably while wearing Disabled Sports USA provided apparel)
- Provide valid receipts for expenses
Questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page.
If you need additional information prior to completing your grant application, please contact: Huayra Gomez-Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org, (240) 268-0864.
Ready to apply? Click here
The funding for this Boston Marathon Adaptive Sports program is made possible thanks to the following generous supporters: