Date: February 22, 2014
Host: Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation
CLICK HERE FOR RESULTS
- Registration: 8:30-9:15 AM (Barker Mountain Base Lodge)
- Team Captain Meeting: 9:15 AM (Barker Mountain Base Lodge)
- Course Inspection: 9:30-10:15 AM
- Race Start: 10:30 AM
- Lunch: Following the race (Maine Adaptive Building, off Sundance Trail)
- Awards: 12:45 PM (Maine Adaptive Building)
Race Cost: $45 Athlete Registration, including lift ticket
$25 Athlete registration, no lift ticket
$20 Ski Buddy (one per athlete)
Parking: There are a limited number of accessible parking spaces available in the top row of parking at the Barker Mountain Base Lodge. People will be available to help unload vehicles and direct athletes.
The ramp to the snow level of the building starts near the loading dock. As you are looking at the building from the parking lot, it is on the left side. Any wheelchair user is welcome to use the Maine Adaptive Lodge to ski out of, but it will require more time, as you will need to take a second lift to access the race arena.
Lodging: There are a number of accessible lodging facilities in the Sunday River area. Please contact Reservations at Sunday River at 800-543-2754(2SKI) or contact the Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce lodging reservation service at 800-442-5823.
Directions: Sunday River Ski Resort, 15 S Ridge Rd, Newry, ME 04261
- From South—Take I-95 North to exit 63 (Gray/New Gloucester). Take a left after the toll booth, and then your first right onto the Route 26 bypass. This will then become Route 26. Follow Route 26 North to Bethel. Turn right on Parkway and then right onto Route 2. Travel about 2.5 miles to a left onto the Sunday River Rd.
- From I-93 in New Hampshire – Take exit 36 for Twin Mountain/Route 3. Follow Route 3 North to Route 115 North. At the end of Route 115, take a right onto Route 2 East. Follow Route 2 through Gorham, NH into Maine. After passing through the blinking light in Bethel, follow Route 2/26 about 2.5 miles. Take a left onto the Sunday River Road.
- The race is out of the Barker Mountain Base Lodge. Turn Left after passing the Snow Cap Inn and a large parking lot on your right. If you come to the South Ridge Base Lodge parking lot, you have gone too far.
- To drive to the Maine Adaptive building for lunch and awards, go back to the access road and take a left. Continue through the South Ridge Parking Lot and up the hill. After passing under a small overpass, the MHS Building is the next driveway on the left.
Please complete the registration form and email to:
Kelsey Moody, email@example.com, 207-824-2440 x 102